TURIYA HILL, L.Ac. Licensed by the State Board of Medical Quality Assurance. Turiya has Maintained Acupuncture Health Care office in Nevada City, CA for 25 years (since 1986). Turiya’s practice is dedicated to healing pain and illness through acupuncture and the Life Promoting guidelines of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Turiya intends to practice for another 30 years. He is devoted to helping people overcome physically debilitating conditions and improving chronic poor health..
Your telephone questions are welcomed – 530-265-4298
707 Zion St.
Nevada City CA
530-265-4298 Telephone inquires are encouraged.
CONDITIONS SUCCESSFULLY TREATED
Back , Sciatica and hip Pain, Sprains, Tendonitis, Injury recovery, Neck Pain, Whiplash, Cold, Flues, Cough, Sinus Disorders, Chronic poor Health, Trigeminal neuralgia, facial pain, Joint Pain, Fibromyalgia, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, TMJ, Plantar Facitis, Digestive disorders, headaches and Migraines, Shingles, herpes, Fatigue, Stress, PMS and Menopause.
Have you suffered chronic pain for 3 months or even Longer?
Do you use Medications with only limited relief but with a host of side effects
Has your life style become limited because of present pain?
Is you sleep interrupted by pain?
Does your pain cause you anxiety and depression?
GOOD REASONS FOR ACUPUNCTURE HEALTH CARE
- Acupuncture stimulates your body to produce it’s own medicines. Scientists and researchers around the world are confirming that acupuncture can cause the body to produce a wide variety of natural endogenous substances, including those that reduce inflammation, enhance immune function, balance hormones, and produce feelings of well being as a endorphins stream through the blood and organs.
- Acupuncture treats the underlying root cause that have contributed to your health problems rather than masking or treating symptoms
- Acupuncture provides effective pain relief without drugs..Your pain will decrease because your injured muscles, nerves tendons and ligaments are now healing..
- Affordable and often covered by insurance plans.
- Improve your Energy and Vitality from within. Acupuncture helps people become more aware of their most fundamental life source, Chi,the essence of life and health.
- Your experienced Licensed Acupuncturist will listen and respond to all your health issues.. Acupuncture health Care takes into account all your symptoms and finds appropriate treatments and advice to improve the function of the relevant organs systems..
- Easy and Common Sense ways to care for your Family’s Health care; Acupuncture care includes patient education on healthy life styles and nutritional guidelines that will strengthen the immune system and promote health..For many people Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal medicine has become their primary health care for colds, flu, digestive problems, fatigues, stress pain or injury recovery.
- Many Patients report that the experience of acupuncture is a deeply relaxing, pleasant and refreshing; When the body, Energy and Mind are unified and harmoniously participating the patient begins to understand and experience true healing
- The Original Wellness Plan! This Holistic system of medicine ans health is at least 2000 years old and is still evolving in it’s application to our modern life..
HEALING WITH ACUPUNCTURE
In China, acupuncture is famed for quick relieving pain. After a few treatments, you walk out the door definitely feeling better and more optimistic about your condition. Acupuncture works because it stimulate the healing mechanisms of he body locally ( the lower back, neck, shoulders ) and systemically ( the liver and kidneys). Improved circulation brings nutrients to the wounded tissues reducing inflammation and spasms and restoring mobility and range of motion. When you experience the pain relieving effects of Acupuncture, it is because your painful condition or injury has begun to heal.
BENEFICIAL SIDE EFFECTS OF ACUPUNCTURE PAIN RELIEF INCLUDE
Improved energy and vitality
Emotional well-being and deeper relaxation
Your initial relief from pain will let you know you’re on the right track. For chronic conditions typically 4-8 treatments are required for sustained relief, defined as “no need to come back” or return occasionally for a “tune up”.
Treatments are safe and inexpensive.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ACUPUNCTURE
Traditional Chinese Medicine, is one of the oldest forms of health care known, is a great treasure house. The special methods of Acupuncture and Moxibustion have multiple advantages handed down from ancient times and improved through the generations by Chinese physicians.
Today, more and more Western doctors and Scientist have discovered that these medical treatments work. There has been an increasing awareness of the usefulness of acupuncture in treating many medical conditions. The world health organization has formally proclaimed that Acupuncture must be taken seriously as a clinical procedure of considerable value. In California, acupuncture is recognized as a primary health care profession and its licensing is regulated by the State Board of Medial Quality Assurance.
WHAT IS ACUPUNCTURE AND MOXIBUSTION
Acupuncture treats pain and disease by the insertion of extremely thin needles into certain designated points on the body. Once the needle is properly in place, the patient will feel a characteristic tingling or mild ache. Due to the design of the needles and the developed skill of the acupuncturist, there should be none to minimal discomfort with the insertion of the needles.
The therapeutic effect of Moxibustion is produced by the heat and vapors of a slow-burning roll of medicinal herbs held above the acupuncture point. This may be administrated along with acupuncture or as a procedure by itself.
HOW DOES ACUPUNCTURE WORK
According to the classic doctrines of Chinese Medicine, there is a continues flow of bioelectrical “life energy” throughout the body. This vital energy which Chinese call Chi circulated between the major organs and the surface of the body along continuous pathways called meridians. When the circulation of this energy through the meridians is smooth and balanced, one is healthy. If the circulation of this energy is interrupted or unbalanced, there may be pain or disease.
Acupuncture points are specific place along the channels where the flow of life energy can be influenced, thereby improving organ functions and stimulating the body’s healing mechanisms.
This is the Chinese way to explain how acupuncture normalizes physiological dysfunction and helps to restore the body’s harmonious equilibrium. According to this philosophy, Chinese physicians not only use acupuncture and Moxibustion to treat disease, but also to strengthen the humans body’s physical condition, prevent disease and promote health.
From a modern medical point of view, acupuncture achieves its effects by the following mechanisms: First of all, according to biochemical and neurological research, acupuncture works by activating a natural pain suppression system in the brain. Substantial evidence demonstrates that acupuncture may serve to stimulate the release of endogenous morphine-like substances, endorphins, which in turn mediate the analgesic effects.
Secondly, acupuncture has an obvious effect of stimulating the body’s immune system which in turn mobilizes the natural defense power inside the human body. This reaction is the major mechanism of anti-inflammatory and anti-infectious effects by acupuncture.